Patlican Karniyarik (Eggplant Stuffed with Lamb)
- 6 medium sized eggplants
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 250 grams minced meat
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 250 grams chopped parsley
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- salt, pepper
1. Remove tops of eggplants. Make a deep lengthwise incision in each eggplant.
2. Soak them in salted water for about 45 minutes.
3. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Fry eggplants lightly in oil, turning constantly. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Brown onions, minced meat and peppers lightly. Add tomatoes and continue to saute for several minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place eggplants in deep baking dish, cut sides facing up. Fill each eggplant with the mince mixture. Top each eggplant with a slice of tomato and green pepper.
7. Add a small amount of water to dish, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender, in oven or on stove top.