Etli Patates Yemegi ( Potatoes with Meat)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 red peppers or 3 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb (450 g) lamb or beef cubes or minced meat
- 8 large potatoes, peeled, diced
- ½ cup (100 ml) salad oil
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded, sliced
- 3 cups (750 ml) hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté onions in butter. Add meat and sauté for 15 minutes. Cover and cook over low heat until the meat releases its moisture and reabsorbs it.
Fry potatoes lightly in salad oil. Set aside.
Place meat mixture, tomatoes, water, salad and pepper in a big saucepan. Cover and simmer. Add potatoes and peppers. Simmer until the meat and potatoes are tender and there is thick gravy. Sprinkle with paprika.
Serve as a main course with salad.