Baba Ghanoush (Eggplant Dip)
- Salt 1 t
- Tahini (sesame paste) 2 T
- Lemon, juiced 1 ea
- Garlic, minced 2-3 cloves
- Eggplant 3 ea
- Olive oil 2-3 T
- Parsley, minced 1-2 T
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Place eggplant on a baking pan and roast in oven until cooked through, about 45-60 minutes. Eggplant should collapse when it is removed from the oven and begins to cool.
3. Cut the eggplant in half and remove the pulp.
4. Put pulp, garlic, lemon juice, tahini and salt in a food processor or blender and puree.
5. Remove to a serving bowl and drizzle olive oil over the top. Sprinkle on parsley and serve.
* In Turkey, paprika would be sprinkled over the top.
* A little yogurt can be stirred into the baba ghanoush to lighten it up a bit. Very tasty!
* Baba ghanoush is typically served with pita bread cut into wedges and sometimes toasted or grilled. You could also serve it as a dip for any kind of chips.
ea = each
t = teaspoon
T = tablespoon