- 1 4 lb chicken -- only legs, thighs,breast and wings, cut in 12
- 2 bell peppers -- finely diced
- 3 large tomatoes -- peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives -- pitted and dices
- 2 onions -- finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth -- preferably homemade
- 2 garlic cloves -- minced
- 2 tablespoons white raisins -- soaked in boiling water 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed -- ground
- 1 lb long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- salt and pepper -- to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Tabasco sauce -- to taste
- 1 bay leaf -- crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Remove the skin from chicken pieces.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Cook in oil. Remove pieces as they brown. They should be almost cooked at
this point. If they are not, turn down heat and continue cooking.
Add onions to the oil left in the pan and cook until soft. Add garlic,
bayleaf and ground coriander.
Stir in rice until well coated with the oil.
Add bell peppers and cook a few minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, cumin and saffron.
Return chicken pieces to pan.
Pour 2 cups boiling chicken stock.
Turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Add olives and continue simmering 10 to 15 minutes until rice is cooked.
Add some drops of Tabasco.