- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 oz string beans, sliced
- 6 shallots, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 hot chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 oz okra, stems removed
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 lb lamb or beef, diced
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 6 cherry tomatoes
1. Melt the butter in a heatproof casserole and add the meat.
2. Layer the prepared vegetables over the meat, season with salt and pepper, and scatter over the dill weed.
3. Add a generous 1/2 cup water to the casserole, cover, and cook over low heat for 1-1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender.