- 3 Tbsp margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 oz wild mushrooms, wiped
- 4 poussins
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- 6 tiny pearl onions, peeled
- 1-1/4 cups chicken stock or water
1. Heat the margarine in a saucepan and add the poussins. Saute for about 8 minutes, then add the onions, garlic, and tomatoes, and fry together for a few minutes more.
2. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
3. Add the mushrooms and seasoning, and cook for 20 minutes more. Serve hot on a bed of rice.