- 1 lb ground lamb or beef, ground again
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 potatoes
1. Preheat a 375 F. oven. Knead the ground meat in a bowl with the bread crumbs, onion, and tow of the eggs, adding a little water if necessary.
2. When thoroughly mixed, take pieces the size of an egg and roll in your wet hands to give an oval shape. Make shallow indentations in the center of each burger. Place in a large ovenproof dish with half of the butter. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes. When cooked, remove from the oven but leave the oven on.
3. Meanwhile, peel and chop the potatoes and boil in plenty of water. Once cooked, drain and mash.
4. Mix the mashed potato, milk, remaining egg, seasoning, and the remaining butter together and place in a saucepan. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Fill the indentations in the burgers with the potato mixture. Mix the tomato paste with a little water and pour over the burgers. Place in the oven again for 25 minutes more.