- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill or 1 1/2 Tablespoons dried dillweed
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (about 3 ounces)
- 4 eggs beaten to blend
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound zucchini, trimmed coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Place zucchini in colander. Sprinkle with salt and let stand 30 minutes. Squeeze zucchini with hands to remove liquid, then squeeze dry in several layers of paper towels.
Combine zucchini, chopped green onions, eggs, flour, chopped dill, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.Mix well. Fold in feta cheese. (zucchini mixture can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Stir to blend before continuing.) Fold chopped walnuts into zucchini mixture.
Preheat oven to 300*F.. Place baking sheet in oven. Cover bottom of large non-stick skillet with olive oil. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop zucchini mixture into skillet by heaping tablespoons. Fry until pancakes are golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer each batch of pancakes to baking sheet in oven to keep warm.
Makes about 20