- 1 pound large shrimp -- (16 to 20)
- olive oil for drizzling the shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic -- (large) -- finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill -- minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley -- minced
1. Remove the legs from the underside of each shrimp. cut through the shell on the back, butterflying each shrimp and removing the back vein. Leave the shell intact. Spread the shrimp out, cut side up, on a platter. Sprinkle with the cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. Squeeze the lemon juice over the shrimp, then scatter the garlic evenly over the shrimp.
2. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 hours.
3. When ready to cook, heat a grill. Drizzle a little olive oil on both sides of each shrimp. When the grill is medium-hot, place the shrimp on it.
4. Cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp are just past translucent. Remove shrimp from the grill, place on platter, and sprinkle with the parsley and dill.
5. Serve immediately.