- One 300 gr octopus -cleaned, washed and cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 and ½ litre water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoons sugar
- 100-150 gr onion -finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 gr ripe tomatoes -peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 spring onions -finely chopped
- 90 gr green cocktail olives -cut through the middle
Put the water and the salt into a large saucepan and place the pan on high heat. Bring up to boil and add the cut octopus. Cook for 40-50 minutes or until the octopus is soft. Drain well.
Into a large salad bowl put the drained octopus, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped parsley and the green olives and mix well.
To make the sauce, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Pour the sauce over the salad and mix well. Serve with fresh bread and butter.