- 1 lb. small zucchini (courgettes), coarsely grated.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Sea salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper (Malabar Black Peppercorns are recommended)
- 1/2 lb. equal parts of crumbled feta and grated casseri cheeses
- Oil for frying
- 6 scallions, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
Place the grated zucchini in a colander, salt lightly and mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes to draw out the excess liquid. Using paper towels, squeeze the zucchini dry and place in a bowl. Add the cheese mixture, eggs, scallions, dill, mint, parsley, flour and salt and pepper to taste. Stir mixture until you have a thick batter.
In a deep fryer, over medium-high heat, pour the oil to a depth of 1/4 inch (approx. 7 mm). When the oil is hot, use a serving spoon to drop spoonfuls of the batter in the oil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Fry, turning over once, until brown on both sides, 2 - 3 minutes per side. With a slotted spoon transfer the fritters to paper towels to drain. Keep warm until all the fritters are cooked.