- 2 Tbsp butter
- 5 oz chicken livers, chopped
- 6 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 5 cups chicken stock
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 small fresh chicken, cut into portions
- 1 Tbsp raisins, washed
- scant 1 cup long grain rice, washed and drained
1 Melt half the butter in a skillet and sauté the chicken pieces until evenly browned. Stir in the liver, shallots, and raisins, and fry together for a few minutes more. Transfer to a casserole pot.
2 Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and fry the pine nuts until colored. Drain and add to the casserole.
3 Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Stir in the drained rice and the seasoning. Cover and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat until all the juice is absorbed and the chicken is tender.