- Oil: 1/4 cup Jingilli Tuscan Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp paprika, Pinch of ground clove
- Sauce: 3 ripe tomatoes, Flavoured olive oil, Juice of 1 lime, 1 bunch chives, chopped, Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 7-8 ounce (200-225 gram) halibut fillets
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Jingilli Tuscan Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fennel sprigs for garnish
Oil. Mix the olive oil with all the spices. Pour the oil mixture into a bottle and shake vigorously. Keep the oil at room temperature for 24 hours, allowing the flavours to infuse.
Vegetables. Blanch the carrots and fennel in slightly salted water until they become tender. Drain and add the olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss. Keep warm.
Sauce. Peel, seed and dice the tomatoes. Heat the flavoured oil and add the diced tomatoes, lime juice and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook the fillets in a steamer as desired. Place the fillets on preheated plates, top with the sauce and serve with the vegetables. Garnish with fennel sprigs.
By executive chef Andreas Brucks at the Mersin Hilton, Turkey