- 225g/8oz Plain Flour
- Icing Sugar
- 1-1/2 teasp Baking Powder
- 175g/6oz finely chopped Almonds
- 25g/1oz Caster Sugar
- A Pinch of salt
- 1 Egg
- 100g/4oz Softened Margarine
- 1/2 teasp Vanilla Extract
1. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl together with the baking powder, chopped almonds, caster sugar and salt and mix well.
2. Make a well in the centre, add the egg, margarine and vanilla extract and knead to a stiff dough.
3. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment or greaseproof paper.
5. Pull off small pieces of the dough (about the side of a golf ball) and shape into crescents
6. Place spaced out on the lined baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
7. Remove from oven and leave for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack.
8. Whilst still warm, dust with icing sugar. Allow to cool completely then just before serving, dust again with lots of icing sugar.