- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 cup broth
- 2 green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup string beans, in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Cut eggplant into 1/4-inch slices, sprinkle with salt and set aside for 30 minutes. Wash off salt, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Add the eggplant slices and fry until browned on both sides. Transfer to a baking dish. Fry the onions and peppers in the remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and beans and fry for 2 more min, stirring frequently. Place the veggies on top of the eggplant. Add garlic, parsley, sugar, pepper salt, and broth. Cover and place in a 350 oven for 1 hour. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.