- 1 chicken breast
- 3 cups milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons sifted cornstarch
* Cook chicken breast in a saucepan with 2 cups water; bring it to a boil, reduce the heat
* and simmer until the meat is cooked. Drain and tear it into fine threads.
* Add cornstarch to 1 cup of milk.
* Pour remaining milk into a saucepan. Add cream, salt, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
* Slowly add cornflour/milk mixture in a trickle, stirring constantly.
* Continue to cook over a low heat until the mixture begins to thicken. Stir constantly to avoid scorching.
* Add shredded chicken and continue to cook until very thick.
* Preheat heavy-bottom frying pan over medium heat.
* To burn the pudding, pour it into frying pan and leave without stirring for 5-10 minutes.
* Remove from heat. Leave to cool in the pan.
* When cooled, cut the pudding into rectangles and roll them into logs.
Serve at room temperature or slightly cooled.